Description: This program will run in unison with the lap swim program. The pool will only be open for 50 meter (long course) lap swimming.
Requirements: A building use permit and a copy of insurance must be completed and returned before the first date of rental. Invoices are generated weekly and payment is expected within a reasonable time period.
Time and Cost: 1:00-3:00 pm
Standard Fees $30.00 per lane per hour Per day = $1.00 per swimmer/athlete/participant
Possible Fees A supervisor fee of $25.00 per hour and a lifeguard fee of $15.00 per hour could apply as needed.
Weeks: Week of June 8th, Week of June 15th, Week of June 22nd, Week of July 6th , Week of July 13th, Week of July 20th
Days: Mondays thru Thursdays
Community Lap/Open Swim (Spring/Summer)
Participation Dates and Times: (11:00 AM-1:00 PM) (Mondays thru Thursdays Only)
June 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 24th, 25th, 26th, 27th
July 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th
Cost: Munster Residents (Children: Free), (Adults: $1.00), (Family: $2.00)/Non-Residents (Children/Adults: $4.00 Each) (Family: $10.00)
*all School Town of Munster employees and their families are free
*children under the age of 14 should be accompanied by a parent
*driver’s license required at time of check in
*fees will be collected for entering the facility, regardless if you are swimming or not
Other Info: The pool will be available for family fun in the water or for healthy physical fitness use. Lap swimming lanes (25 yard/short course) will be set aside and available for individuals who want to use the pool for workout purposes. Please use Entrance I only. A list of our general pool rules, and our diving board rules will be handed to you at check in.
General Pool Rules
- All children under the age of 14 should be accompanied by a parent.
- No food, drink, or glass materials are allowed.
- No running on the pool deck, locker room areas, or hallways.
- No diving in water that is 5 feet or less in depth.
- The bulkheads, starting blocks, and lane lines are off limits.No playing/horseplay, etc. on or under these.
Diving Board Procedures
- Only one or two low (1 meter) diving boards will be open at any given time, and the boards may not be available for the entire open swim time frame.The high (3 meter) board is not available.
- No adjusting of the fulcrum is allowed.
- Only one person is allowed on the board at a time.
- No running from the back of the board to the front of the board.
- One bounce only with no back or front flips.
For any additional information contact:
Teacher, Physical Education
Girls & Boys Coach, Swimming
Swim Program Coordinator
219-836-3200 ext. 3504