Substitute Teacher Daily Rates:
- Substitute Teacher with an Indiana Substitute Permit: $95
- Substitute Teacher with a Bachelor’s Degree and Indiana Substitute Permit: $100
- Substitute Teacher with an Indiana Teaching Permit: $110
- Retired STM teacher with Indiana Teaching Permit: $120
To Become A substitute teacher for the School Town of Munster please do the following:
1. Submit a background check
, follow the prompts. The background check takes about a week and you cannot be placed on the substitute teacher’s list without the background check completed.
2. Start an application for employment
3. Go to LVIS
and fill out the paperwork necessary to obtain your substitute certificate.
4. Then call 219-836-9111 to set up a time to come in and complete the application.
Things you will need to bring with you:
• Copy of transcripts showing 60 credit hours, Copy or your Indiana Teaching certificate, or a copy of your degree if you are not an Indiana licensed teacher.
• Driver’s license/Passport and social security card for payroll.
Our payroll is strictly direct deposit, once you work you will need to come in and fill out a direct deposit form with a voided check so you can be paid.
If you have any further questions please contact Kelly Bunnell at 219-836-9111 ext.1036 or by email at email@example.com