Substitute Teacher Daily Rates:
- Substitute Teacher with an Indiana Substitute Permit: $100
- Substitute Teacher with a Bachelor’s Degree and Indiana Substitute Permit: $105
- Substitute Teacher with an Indiana Teaching Permit: $115
- Retired STM teacher with Indiana Teaching Permit: $125
To Become A substitute teacher for the School Town of Munster please do the following:
1. Submit a background check, follow the prompts. The background check takes about a week and you cannot be placed on the substitute teacher’s list without the background check completed.
2. Start an application for employment
3. Go to LVIS or http://www.doe.in.gov/educatorlicensing and fill out the paperwork necessary to obtain your substitute certificate.
4. Then call 219-836-9111 to set up a time to come in and complete the application.
Things you will need to bring with you:
• Copy of transcripts showing 60 credit hours, Copy or your Indiana Teaching certificate, or a copy of your degree if you are not an Indiana licensed teacher.
• Driver’s license/Passport and social security card for payroll.
Our payroll is strictly direct deposit, once you work you will need to come in and fill out a direct deposit form with a voided check so you can be paid.
If you have any further questions please contact Barb Coggins at 219-836-9111 ext.1017 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org