School bus drivers are to have control of all school children conveyed between the homes of the children and the school house, and return. The driver shall keep order, maintain discipline among the children while in the bus or along the route, shall treat all the children in a civil manner, shall see that no child is imposed upon or mistreated while in his charge, and shall use every care for the safety of the children under his/her charge. School bus drivers shall assure that the following regulations are observed by all pupil passengers:
1. All riders will be assigned a bus, and they will only be allowed to ride the bus that has been assigned to them.
2. Students should be at their assigned bus stop 5 minutes prior to pick up time. It is important that the student is at their stop and not inside the house watching for the bus. The driver is not required to stop if the child is not out at their assigned stop.
3. No pupil shall stand or move from place to place during the trip.
4. Loud, boisterous, or profane language, or indecent conduct shall not be tolerated. Smoking is not permitted.
5. Pupils shall not be allowed to tease, scuffle, trip, hold, hit, or use their hands or feet or body in any objectionable manner.
6. No windows or doors will be opened or closed except by permission of the bus driver.
7. No pupils shall enter or leave the bus until it has come to a complete stop and the door has been opened by the driver.
8. Students are not allowed to bring guests home on their bus, even if the guest is registered for bus service.
9. A student may bring a musical instrument onto the bus as long as the instrument will fit on the student's lap. Instruments should not be placed on the floor or on the seat.
10. No food or beverage allowed on the bus at any time.