The School Town of Munster will continue the mandatory residency check prior to the start of the 2019-2020 school year. A parent or legal guardian must be present.
Those required to prove residency during the summer of 2019:
- Families whose leases have expired or will expire prior to the first day of school, as well as families who have completed other forms including the affidavit of residency forms.
- Residency appointments will take place at the individual schools.
RESIDENTS WILL NEED A MINIMUM OF FOUR ITEMS TO PROVE RESIDENCY:
- An Indiana driver’s license (or Indiana state ID) with your current Munster address, and
- Mortgage statement, settlement statement, or property tax receipt with the name(s) of the homeowners
or a lease (must be current) indicating the term of the lease, address of the lease property, name and phone
number of the lessor, name of the lessee and a listing of tenants
- and TWO of the following. All must be current (dated within the last two months.)
- Town of Munster water bill
- NIPSCO bill
- Auto insurance bill
- Bank statement
- Telephone bill
- Pay stub with address
In certain situations, additional forms may be required.