Welcome to STM
The School Town of Munster is a nationally and state recognized public school district in Lake County, Indiana. The district includes 5 schools, serves over 4,000 students and employs approximately 525 staff members.
The Town of Munster is located in Northwest Indiana. Munster's combination of quality schools, scenic neighborhoods, beautiful parks, first-class restaurants and proximity to Chicago make it an ideal place to call home.
School Town of Munster boasts a high-achieving, diverse student body. Students learn in a safe, inclusive space, where they are offered a wide-range of curricular and co-curricular opportunities to support their academic and social learning. We recognize each student as a valued individual.
Our students considerably outperform the state average on standardized tests and our families support their children's academic and extra-curricular journeys.
Our Faculty & Staff
The employees of the School Town of Munster are comprised of professionals who teach, mentor, coach, advise, advocate, challenge, nurture and celebrate our students. It is our goal to provide our staff with vast opportunities to grow both personally and professionally.
Our mission is to help students demonstrate academic growth and social responsibility in a supportive and intellectually challenging learning environment.
A District of National Distinction
Supporting Every Child Every Day
- As good as we are, we know that we can always achieve better results. We constantly try to find better ways of doing our work, and when we achieve our goals, we set higher targets.
- Our learning organization requires that we maintain high expectations for one another and for self.
- We are most successful when everyone in our learning organization works together to achieve common goals. We can enhance efficiency and effectiveness by achieving alignment across our system.
- We work as a team. Each member provides essential leadership in support of our common goals.
- We ensure that we are good partners within our community and that our students and employees support local individuals and organizations. We demonstrate wise stewardship of public resources and ensure that our graduates are ready to shoulder their civic responsibilities.
Evidence-Based Decision Making:
- We make decisions after careful consideration of the most compelling research and data analysis.
- Each person affiliated with the STM system, including students, employees, parents/family members, and community stakeholders share accountability for our performance results and for providing personal best effort in support of our goals.
- We have processes in place to ‘inspect what we expect’ as we strive to continually improve.