The School Town of Munster Food Service Department serves nutritious and delicious meals to the students and staff of our schools. Nutrition has a direct impact on student learning, so we make it our mission to ensure all students have access to breakfast and lunch every day.
- Breakfast and Lunch Menus
- Add $ to Student Meal Account
- Breakfast and Lunch Pricing
- Ala Carte Pricing
- Meal Charge Policy - Student Lunch/Meal Accounts
Breakfast and Lunch Menus
Breakfast and lunch menus are updated regularly on NutriSlice. You can access the daily lunch menu and nutritional information here.
Add $ to Student Meal Account
Manage your child's school meal account through My School Bucks. Online payment are a simple, safe, and secure way to make payments to your child's account 24 hours a day at your convenience. Please be advised that payments may take up to 24 hours to post to your child's online account.
Breakfast and Lunch Pricing
Ala Carte Pricing
Meal Charge Policy - Student Lunch/Meal Accounts
The National School Lunch Program (NSLP) requires school food authorities to establish written administrative guidelines and procedures for meal charges.
The School Town of Munster Corporation will adhere to the following meal charge procedure.
- It is the student’s responsibility to maintain the balance of his or her meal account and the parents’ responsibility to keep a positive meal balance in their students’ accounts.
- Cashiers make every effort to notify students and the parent/guardian of low and negative account balances. In addition, weekly messages will be sent via email to remind families when a student’s lunch account has a negative balance. Ultimately, it is the responsibility of the parents to monitor their student(s) meal account balance. This can be done through the parent portal of Power School or through the school’s online payment program; www.myschoolbucks.com.
- To make a payment Parents can: • Send cash or check in a sealed envelope with the students name and grade with their child to school, or • Prepay online by visiting www.myschoolbucks.com.
- If a family has applied for free or reduced-price meals and have a "Pending" application, it is the parent’s responsibility to pay for all school meals until an Approval Letter is received. *Any charges incurred before the approval of meal assistance must be paid in full by the parent/guardian as applications cannot be applied retroactively.
- If a family’s financial situation has changed, students may qualify for free or reduced lunch assistance. Meal assistance applications can be found on the School Town of Munster website or at the students’ school office.
- No student will be denied a meal, and no lunch tray will ever be taken from a student. A student may charge to their account as long as they establish and maintain a good credit history of making payments. If a student abuses this policy, written notice will be provided to the parent(s)/guardian(s) and the privilege of charging meals may be refused.
- In the event that a student’s meal account balance falls below $0, the student may not charge or purchase "a la carte" item(s), including extra main entrees and extra milk.
- If a student repeatedly comes to school with no lunch and no money, food service employees must report this to the building principal as this may be a sign of abuse or neglect and the proper authorities should be contacted.
- The School Town of Munster’s Food Service Department communicates by School Messenger (and/or email alerts) any negative balances in the student’s meal account on a weekly basis. For your convenience, a "low balance notification" email reminder can be setup on www.myschoolbucks.com.
- All accounts must be settled by the end of the school year. Letters will be sent home during the beginning of May to students who have any negative balances. Negative balances of more than $10.00 not paid in full five (5) days after the last day of school will force the School Town of Munster to take-action to collect unpaid funds by means of collection agencies, small claims court, or any other legal method deemed necessary by the Corporation.
- Graduating students or withdrawn seniors with a lunch/meal account positive balance greater than $10 (ten) will be notified by School Messenger of the options for dispersing the funds.
- Parents may transfer the funds to another student, donate the money to the STM food service donation fund, or request.
- If no response is received within fifteen (15) days from the date of the notification, the student’s lunch account will be closed and funds will be forfeited.
- Graduating and/or withdrawn students with less than $10 in their account will not receive direct notification of positive balances. Balances can be accessed online through My School Bucks or PowerSchool. Parents may opt into any of the options listed above.
*Any unclaimed funds will be transferred to the STM food service donation fund.
Please contact Mrs. Beverly Taylor @ 219.836.3200 ext. 3229 or by email at Beverly.Taylor@compass-usa.com if you have any questions.
Free & Reduced Meal Information
Parent Information Regarding the Free & Reducing Meal Program
If you have any questions, please call 219.836.3200 ext. 3229.
- Who can get free or reduced priced meals?
- How do I know if my children qualify as homeless, migrant or runaway?
- Do I need to fill out an application for each child?
- Should I fill our an application if I received a letter this school year saying my children are already approved for free meals?
- Can I apply online?
- My child's application was approved last year. Do I need to fill out a new one?
- Should I fill out an application if my children received free or reduced meals at their previous school?
- I get WIC. Can my children get free meals?
- Will the information I give be verified?
- If I don't qualify now, may I apply again later?
- What if I disagree with the school's decision?
- May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. citizen?
- What if my income is not always the same?
- What if some household members have not income to report?
- We are in the military. Do we report our income differently?
- What if there isn't enough space on the application for my family?
- My family needs more help. Are there other programs we might apply for?
Who can get free or reduced priced meals?
How do I know if my children qualify as homeless, migrant or runaway?
Do I need to fill out an application for each child?
Should I fill our an application if I received a letter this school year saying my children are already approved for free meals?
Can I apply online?
My child's application was approved last year. Do I need to fill out a new one?
Should I fill out an application if my children received free or reduced meals at their previous school?
I get WIC. Can my children get free meals?
Will the information I give be verified?
If I don't qualify now, may I apply again later?
What if I disagree with the school's decision?
May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. citizen?
What if my income is not always the same?
What if some household members have not income to report?
We are in the military. Do we report our income differently?
What if there isn't enough space on the application for my family?
My family needs more help. Are there other programs we might apply for?
Free & Reduced Meal Aplication
Click here for step-by-step instructions on How to apply for Free and Reduced Meals.
Click here to access the Free & Reduced Meal Application.
If you have any questions, please contact Beverly Taylor at 219.836.3200 ext. 3229 or Beverly.Taylor@compass-usa.com.