What does this mean for students?
Munster High School and Wilbur Wright Middle School students have unlimited access to 24/7, on-demand, online tutoring services through Tutor.com at no cost to families. Students can connect online any time, any place, and in most 6-12 subjects for however long they need. Tutoring may be on-demand and/or scheduled at a time convenient for the student and/or family.
Tutoring is focused instruction provided to students in a one-on-one format (voice and/or text chat). Tutors will focus on developing student’s strengths and capabilities in reading, mathematics or other specified subjects. Tutoring services may be accessed before, during or after school hours and even on weekends.
Tutoring Program Details
- Tutoring is available in most 6-12 subjects.
- Format of tutoring sessions is online via voice and/or text chat.
- Student participation in the tutoring services is completely optional - unless a teacher incorporates interaction as a class assignment.
- Students will use the same STM-sponsored platform - Blackboard - they are familiar with for online learning to connect with Tutor.com.
- Tutors are employed by Tutor.com and do not work for the School Town of Munster.
- All tutors are subject matter experts and must pass a thorough background check conducted by Tutor.com as well as meet Federal and State requirements.
- STM staff members do not participate in the online tutoring sessions between a student and their tutor.
- For the purposes of safety and security, every tutoring session is recorded and transcripts are available (up to 6 months) for students, parents and STM staff to review if needed.
How does Tutor.com work?
The expert tutors at Tutor.com can help students work through a tough homework problem, improve their writing skills, study for a test, review a difficult concept and so much more! Click here for step-by-step details.
How do students access Tutor.com?
- Log in to Canvas.
- Select one of your courses in which you are enrolled.
- Click on the Tutor.com 24/7 Online Tutoring link found on the left course menu.
- Please note: Not all STM courses are available on Tutor.com.